On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We're talking about a test, not a broad rollout (:
>
> I'm curious, Risker: if you don't mind my asking, what about being required
> to supply a throwaway email address would have discouraged you from opening
> a Wikimedia account?

Having the email address attached to my account means that i can do
password reset, which has been rather helpful on a number of occasions.

It's a bit sad for folks who don't provide email, that there's not much we
can do to help them recover their account if they forget their password.

I understand that it can be a bit scary to have to provide this information
(what about a throwaway?), but yet is a tradeoff.

Cheers,
Katie

@wikimediadc / @wikidata