On Thu, 13 Nov 2014, at 23:15, Amir E. Aharoni wrote:
> In Facebook it's possible to edit posts and comments after posting after a
> lot of users asked for it.
>
> Why isn't it possible to change MediaWiki edit summaries after posting?

It is a very rare case compared to, say, how the diff viewer screws up on
simple edits (which defers me from contributing to reviewing pending changes -
I abandoned that entirely although I have a passion for that), and how edit
conflicts are merged (I usually just gave up editing in half of the cases
during the first few years).

If we really want to do what you're asking I would implement it as "merge
edits" button - really useful where the edits are consecutive and I just
accidentally forgot to add something. That is a more frequent use-case than
just editing an edit summary.