Well, image upload for userpage use is explicitly permitted on Commons[1],
as long as it is used and copyright status is fine. (To get meta uploader
right, you need a clear use case, and it is rarely given. Meta does not
allow EDP (fair use), so if it is fair use, it cannot be hosted on Commons
nor on meta.)

[1]: See [[c:COM:SCOPE]], I'm mobile so cannot find section, but there must
be one about this.

-Revi
[[User:-revi]]
-- Sent from Android --