On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Max Semenik <maxsem.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 3:05 AM, Ricordisamoa <
> ricordisa...@openmailbox.org>
> wrote:
>
> >  * An arbitrary indentation level *must* be allowed, with optional
> >    facilitations for adding an {{outdent}}-like marker
> >

> Why? Manual indentation just leads to you having to decode these levels
> sometimes. Soulless machines are better at indenting consistently than us
> meatbags. Also, my personal opinion is that indenting is just silly and
> needs to die, not accumulate more cruft.

I suspect this is referring to the misfeature where (in the current
configuration) it just stops indenting entirely after two levels, making it
impossible to follow the reply structure if it's not trivially simple.

> >  * Every basic functionality (including but not limited to the
> >    "preview" button) *must* work without relying on JavaScript (T60019
> >    <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T60019>)
>

> Surprise! It's 2015, and web doesn't quite work without JS. Some basics
> still need to work without it, but very basics.

Just because too many websites allow themselves to be broken without
JavaScript doesn't mean we should too. If you want you could try to debate
that "preview" isn't basic functionality, but a dismissal like this is
simply uncalled for.