On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 12:20 AM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, I'm not sure that I'd agree that everything that WMF does has a
> community aspect. There's been a lot of discussion about readership that to
> me seems primarily concerned with fundraising and only secondly concerned
> with recruiting new contributors

I am not a big fan of taking threads off topic, but on the point of
readership, supposedly readership has a wide spectrum, expanding from
random users who pass by, to engaged readers, to those avid readers/random
contributors who could possibly become more regular editors, even if that
shift doesn't always happen by default.   Point is, readership might not be
an evil notion that distracts us from recruiting new contributors, it is
just one step on the road.
 And we can of course disagree on that :).

Cheers,

Pine