On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 7:32 AM MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> >We're in the process of developing a code of conduct for technical
> >spaces.  This will be binding, and apply to all Wikimedia-related
> >technical spaces (including but not limited to MediaWiki.org,
> >Phabricator, Gerrit, technical IRC channels, and Etherpad).
>
> Who's we? This seems to be a pet issue of yours. I'm curious who else is
> supportive of this initiative to enact a binding policy.
>
> MZMcBride

What kind of standards for behavior we want and think are acceptable is a
core concern of everyone in the Wikimedia and MediaWiki technical
communities.

This kind of personally-directed and demeaning feedback ("This seems to be
a pet issue of yours") is, perhaps ironically, precisely an example of why
it would improve interaction in technical spaces to have some clearer
ground rules.