On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 2:43 AM, Moriel Schottlender <mor...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> An I missing something?

When an employee of the WMF starts a new topic on the mailing list with the
words "we are" and "binding", it comes off with the wrong connotation,
especially considering the "we" was clarified to mean the "Wikimedia
technical community".

It sounds more like "you've already decided to do this" rather than "we
thought this might be a good idea and want everybody else's input". You
should naturally expect people to speak out against something when you make
it sound like their opinion has already been decided upon.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science