On 5 December 2015 at 00:25, Legoktm <legoktm.wikipe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's been a while since we had one of these, and 2015 has been a very
> busy year! :-)
>
> I'll quote Sumana from last time:
>
> > How about a little email thread for us to say nice things about each
> > other?  Rules: be kind, thank someone, and say why you're thanking
> > them.
> > [If you don't get thanked and you feel mopey, email me and I'll
> > comfort you. :-)]

​Some quick thank yous:

   - TheDJ and Brion for making some serious headway on improving and
   modernising our video playback;
   - Chris Steipp for his valiant care, attention to detail and continued
   passion;
   - Oliver K. for being a true and honest friend;
   - The Operations department, far too often the unsung heroes who make so
   much of what we do Just Work™;
   - Dan G. for clear and helpful advice on product management, and telling
   me when I'm wrong;
   - Salix alba, John Broughton, The Anome and many other editors who've
   helped us improve the editing tools we provide, in VE, in formulæ, in
   wikitext, in citations and further afield;
   - Andre for pushing me to be clearer, more open and more inclusive on
   Phabricator and elsewhere;
   - Nirzar for all his help on improving our work on design in
   VisualEditor and elsewhere, and Volker E. and May G. for their continued
   perseverance in maintaining and extending our standardisation efforts;
   - Sherry, Erica, Nick, Keegan, Benoît, Johan, Moushira and of course
   Rachel for providing as Community Liaison a strong, clear and true voice
   arguing for editors, holding me to promises, keeping me honest;
   - Reedy for helping us in his spare time, fixing the issues big and
   small;
   - Ori, Gilles, Aaron, Peter and Timo in the Performance team doing
   amazing things in faster shipping of faster software;
   - Bryan Davis for his commitment, candour and clarity of vision;
   - Quim and Rachel, for all they do in making in-person and online events
   not just great, but also better each time;
   - Yuri for unleashing the Graph extension on an unsuspecting cluster and
   giving a new way of presenting information to editors;
   - Greg Grossmeier and his team for capable, drama-free, reliable,
   dependable release engineering, and the drive to incrementally improve
   everything for each of us day after day and week after week;
   - Dan Andreescu and Aaron Halfaker for all their help, advice and
   support on improving our understanding of the world;
   - all the colleagues, volunteers and friends I've not mentioned;
   - … and, finally, all my teams in Editing, who've been wonderful to work
   with this year, including Lindsey Anne, Joe M., Thalia, Frédéric, David L.,
   Neil, and Joel A., 'new' starters this year, and especially Trevor, our
   head.

​J.
--
James D. Forrester