To be totally honest, I think this is a great idea, but it should use
emojis. Github added this for PRs and messages for instance, and it's
amazingly helpful:

https://github.com/blog/2119-add-reactions-to-pull-requests-issues-and-comments

Slack has the same thing. It's fun, people like it, and it tends to
encourage better interactions.