On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Andre Klapper <aklap...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> On https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Tutorial there is one section
> called "Pushing via HTTPS when SSH is not functional" which I'd also
> like to move to [[mw:Gerrit/Troubleshooting]].
> Anyone knows how users would actually realize that SSH is not
> functional? (Specific output after a specific command?)

They'd probably realize it when they run any git command that tries to
communicate with the server and it outputs an error message that refers to
connecting via ssh, e.g. "ssh: connect to host gerrit.wikimedia.org port
29418: Connection refused" or "ssh: connect to host gerrit.wikimedia.org
port 29418: Network is unreachable" from the command-line git client.

Then they can more directly test that it's ssh with the commands Tony
Thomas posted.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Senior Software Engineer