On Wed, 2016-05-04 at 23:28 -0500, Andrew Bogott wrote:
> On 5/4/16 8:59 AM, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Troubleshooting
>
> Although technically correct, some of those instructions encourage users
> to use 'git pull.'  Git doc writers, please join me in my crusade to
> stop gerrit users from ever, ever using 'git pull.'

Please be bold and edit. I'm certainly not an advanced Git user; I just
want the learning curve for new contributors to be less steep.

> Thank you for compiling these docs!

Nah. I just moved, restructured + cleaned up content a bit. :)

If anyone feels like joining the Git/Gerrit doc cleanup efforts:
I have dumped an incomplete "stuff to do" list in
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T134256#2260631 for ideas.
For example, I'd love to kill [[mw:Git/Tips]] + [[mw:Git/Rebase]] as we
already have a Tutorial, an FAQ, Advanced usage, Getting started, ...

Thanks!
andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler