On 5/4/16 8:59 AM, Andre Klapper wrote:
Hej,

I went ahead & centralized the 5 git/Gerrit/git-review troubleshooting
sections that I've found so far on random mediawiki.org pages into one
single page (and eliminated duplicates with different solutions):
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Troubleshooting

Knee-jerk ahead:

Although technically correct, some of those instructions encourage users to use 'git pull.' Git doc writers, please join me in my crusade to stop gerrit users from ever, ever using 'git pull.' There's no end to the heartbreak that can result from pulling. Pulling merges, and merging is gerrit's job.

https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Git_rebase

Thanks for your help.
Thank you for compiling these docs! I will think about how to politely introduce the above screed into your new page :)

-A