Amir Ladsgroup wrote:
>I disabled the account and now I disabled it again. It's part of a CoC
>ban. We sent the user an email using the "Email to user" functionality
>from mediawiki.org the moment I enforced the ban.
>
>We rather not to discuss details of cases publicly but I feel this
>clarification is very much needed.

Ah, I found the e-mail:

> Subject: Temporarily ban from phabricator
>
> Hello,
>
> We received reports about your comments in phabricator. While we
>encourage criticism and productive comments to improve the software,
>comments like "What the fuck" do not contribute to the discussion and
>turns the discussion from respectful criticism to folks swearing at other
>folks.
>

> We asked you to stop making such comments that do not contribute to the
>discussion. We have no choice to issue a temporarily ban from
>phabricator. We hope you notice this type of behaviour is not welcome in
>our technical spaces.
>
> Please read Code of conduct in depth:
>https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Code_of_Conduct
>
> Best
>
> This email was sent by TechConductCommittee to MZMcBride by the "Email
>this user" function at MediaWiki. If you reply to this email, your email
>will be sent directly to the original sender, revealing your email
>address to them.

This is re: <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T200742>.

Greg Varnum created a mess, inappropriately closed a valid bug, and
removed its parent task because he didn't want to even acknowledge the
bug. I expressed exasperation with his actions, particularly gaslighting
volunteers (cf.
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-August/090841.html>
), and Greg then removed himself as the task assignee and hasn't responded
on either the task or the wikimedia-l mailing list since. And there's
still German text prominently and confusingly at the top of
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/>. Amazing.

MZMcBride