Saying "WTF" is by default acceptable for all projects unless the WMF
board agrees a resolution and enforces it on its own board members, as
well as volunteers and WMF employees. If anyone is blocked or banned
under the Technical CoC for using similar language which has been
published by WMF board members, this should be grounds for a
successful appeal unless and until the same standards are seen to be
applied to WMF board members along with the same block and ban
actions.

Just in case readers here missed the precedent set in 2016, Wales has
never retracted nor apologised for writing on the English Wikipedia
that a statement by Heilman was "utter fucking bullshit". Both parties
were Wikimedia Foundation board members at the time, and are board
members now.[1][2]

Links
1.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Jimbo_Wales&diff=701673700&oldid=701673178