Yeah, even if it seems like volunteers are treated as second class citizens, advocating mistreatment of staff too isn't going to resolve anything. We should all just try to do our best, and all realise that these are /peolpe/ we're dealing with. It's not always going to be perfect, it's not always going to be professional... and this goes both ways. We shouldn't expect needlessly high standards of behaviour or putting up with things from anyone, on any side.

-I