Am 04.10.2018 um 18:24 schrieb Lucas Werkmeister:
> I’m not an expert on dewiki, but I assume they still want word-ending links
> for simple stuff like [[Gesetz]]e (plural), [[Finger]]s (genitive). I would
> guess these cases are still more common than the long compound words where
> the <nowiki/> trick is used.

Well, linktrail is a regex, it could be changed to only match up to a certain
length :)

But what length is tricky to decide, and the effect may be surprising /
unpredictable. Limiting it to one letter is certainly not enough, what with
about  [[Heimat]]losigkeit and such....

All silliness aside: while dewiki has many uses for only linking part of a
compound, it has MANY MORE uses for linking all of it.

--
Daniel Kinzler
Principal Software Engineer, MediaWiki Platform