From: "Alexandre Julliard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> "Dimitrie O. Paun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Here, do the same trick in the Makefile that we do for the X11 (and
OpenGL)
> > stuff -- simply do not try to compile the file if !HAVE_SYSAPS.
>
> I agree with your other objections, but not with this one. The
> makefile trick is OK for large subsystems like X11, but if we start
> doing this for every single file that needs #ifdefs it will result in
> a much larger mess. Simply putting a #ifdef around the whole file is
> better in this case IMO.

True -- as it stands right now, it is a bit of a kludge, and it adds more
ugliness (to the Makefile) than it removes (from the .c file). Maybe if we
have more support to the Makefile for this (such as specifying a list of
subsystems that can be compiled out of Wine), but is it worth it?
Besides, in this case, I'm not sure we gain that much from making the
decision to use it at compile time. I mean, in general, it is preferable to
create a DLL with this stuff, and decide at run-time (based on its
availability) if we should use it or not. However, these are general
thoughts, not sure how much it makes sense for this particular subsystem.

--
Dimi.