On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Patrik Stridvall wrote:

> http://www.penguinista.org/news/articles/277.html
>
> "According to an Email from a Corel development engineer in
> early 1999 to the Wine Project's public mailing list server
> for developers, Corel had begun work by then on porting the
> Wine tools themselves to the Mac PowerPC platform. Corel has
> left no doubts that its cross platform goals extend beyond
> the Windows and Linux platforms."
>
> Hmm. I don't remember any such email.

I remember the e-mail they are probably referring to. I think it was
Gavriel, Stating (sorry!) that he had a couple of simple WineLib apps
running on a PowerPC laptop under Linux?

> Perhaps they are misstakenly refering to the attempt
> (or rather test) to port WineLib to _Linux_ on PowerPC.

That would be my guess too.

> In any case I wonder how Corel intends to do the port to the
> Macintosh? Are Macintosh supposed to mean MacOS X or normal MacOS?
> Porting WineLib to MacOS X is probably possible with a reasonable
> effort.

Getting WineLib running on MacOS X would make sense for them; then they
could use a single codebase for Linux and Mac apps. Add some input from
Cygnus, and they could have a single main codebase supporting Windows,
Linux and Mac platforms across multiple CPU architectures - probably
something they'd be pleased with ;-)

James.