I dont know anything about that, but may it be possible to compile your code to
a standalone driver for seperate download?
It would be great to just install a DIB-Driver for wine.
Sorry if that was a stupid idea.

Nope, and I think they will not be solved soon. Not by me, anyways.
I made my engine because I was needing it, but Alexandre don't like
its architecture, so it won't be merged even if, IMHO of course, it
could be done as an "alternative experimental driver" in parallel to
current winex11 one, which could spread its usage and testing a lot
more. But Alexandre didn't like that solution, ever.

Ciao

Max