On 29/09/10 21:59, James Mckenzie wrote:

And Microsoft Office appears different in RTL rather than LTR.  I used to work
with someone that had the Arabic version of these programs and it would switch
from RTL when typing in Arabic to LTR when typing in a Latin-based language.

I'm sorry, but you are confusing several issues here. The question is not whether to implement BiDi (yes, provided we find the working hands to do it) or mirroring (yes, except I don't think we need to bother with mirroring the window decoration UI components that Windows does, and I have not heard anyone else weight in on this issue lately). The question is whether Wine's built in application should set a specific flag to do automatic mirroring.

Since Word is not a Wine built in application, what it does is irrelevant for this discussion, not because we don't intend to support it, but because it is undisputed we do.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.