On 29/09/10 18:21, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
Shachar Shemesh<shac...@shemesh.biz>  writes:

If I might recommend something, I suggest not to use
SetProcessDefaultLayout at all. Just localize whatever needs
localization through the resources and that's it. Even for menus, the
resources have an option to define the menus as RTL.
Most applications are not dialogs, so you can't mirror the application
window through resources. For instance with notepad, you'd most likely
want the edit control to be RTL too, not just the main menu.

Did I mention that the automatic mirroring is a broken idea implemented in a broken way already?

At the moment, the edit control does not even properly support BiDi. I do not have a Hebrew localized version of Windows on hand, so it's a bit hard for me to check how that works, but even if we had a BiDi text control, the only effect this localization would have is to set the default direction of the control. The user would then switch it anyways.

Aside from notepad, for which the difference is very small, and most people would regard a default LTR control as the correct behavior anyway, what other applications are you concerned over?

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.