There isn't a lot I can add to the fine recollections already sent by my fellow alumni. I remember Angelene's sweet nature and kindness. She always smiled, an indication in her case of her love for her work (and doing it on a small scale has taught me how much work cooking is). I always thanked the cooks, but I was always a good bit more grateful for Angelene's cooking. May she be long remembered and loved by those who knew her.

John

Quoting James Ayres <jay...@cvctx.com>:

Angelene died today. She was our cook at Winedale for my 30 years of Shakespeare at Winedale. She loved cooking and she loved Shakespeare at Winedale. In 1980 she promised me that she would retire only when I did. And she kept that promise. Many of you do not know but at the end of each summer, she gave me a greeting card on which she wrote simply “Thanks”. Inside was a folded new 100 bill. For 30 years. For Shakespeare at Winedale. And you likely don’t know that when she cooked fried chicken, she saved the wings for me, hiding them in the kitchen.

She loved every one of you too.

Doc

Jim (Doc) Ayres
Professor Emeritus, The University of Texas
Founding Director, Shakespeare at Winedale and Camp Shakespeare
Director of Mission, Camp Shakespeare

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Shakespeare at Winedale Email List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to shakespeare-at-winedale-email-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.