When we started a few years ago, we searched and found little options.
American Access makes a few units but they are expensive and metal.

We did a review recently with not much success; we continue with our
custom ABS/plastic boxes.

We worked with a local contractor to come up with custom boxes that cost
about $100 each.  At that price range we could afford to secure the APs.
Half of them are surface mount with enclosures and the other half are
just above the false ceilings.

Ironically, out of the 1300 units deployed, the only one that went
missing was a surface mount one, they took the entire enclosure off the
wall  (!)  Hopefully the cost of a power supply for the unit will
discourage them from striking again.

Are few dozen are mounted external to buildings (dorms), we use Hoffman
metal enclosure with external antennas (Superpass) but plastic is a much
better material for wireless enclosures.

... Jonn Martell, UBC Wireless

Joyce, Todd N wrote:
We are in the process of deploying wireless campus wide with Cisco
1200s.  Our concern is theft from plain site view locations.  We would
like to find out what enclosures others are using?  Are they lockable?
Do they have integrated antennas?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

todd

Todd Joyce
Network Services