Hi Matt.

I'm going to answer your questions, and also point out something you've
missed.

You are using PEAP (if your are using the XP Client, you are using PEAP)

To tell PEAP not to use your logon creditialas, but to prompt for it,
you have to uncheck something that is buried 3 menu's deep.

See here for directions:
http://www.informit.com/guides/content.asp?g=security&seqNum=74&rl=1

See figure 7 for details

BUT....

I don't think this will work for you.  (I'm making some assumptions
about your network that could prove me wrong)
I assume you have Active Directory, with freeradius querying this via
LDAP?
If it is, this setup won't work for you.  ActiveDirectory, in the usual
Microsoft methodailty, embraces standards, and extends them with
proprietary extensions.
What does this mean?  It means by default you can't get passwords out of
AD.  You could store passwords in plaintext. (Bad idea)

You need to setup FreeRadius using the ntlm_auth helper program.  You
install Samba on the FreeRadius Box, join it to the domain, and
configure freeradius to perform Auth's via ntlm_auth.  Then freeRadius
will have no problem talking to ActiveDirectory.  You can still use the
LDAP module to assign attributes. (This was on the freeradius mailing
list last week)

Hope this helped.