-------- Original Message --------
From: Matt Ashfield
Date: 7/10/2006 1:53 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses. It's great to be part of a useful mailing list
like this!

Just to clarify a few things: our passwords are stored in cleartext on the ldap server. We are using SunOne for LDAP and FreeRadius for radius. We have no desire to have individual client certificates and would prefer to
do username/password against the LDAP server.

From what I can tell, the only way to deal with plaintext passwords stored
in LDAP and still have username/password authentication is to go with
EAP-TTLS and use the secure2 client.

But I just saw the post by Tom Zeller and he's saying the hashed password
does NOT go over the network with MS-CHAP. So I'm starting to get a bit
confused.

Any thoughts? Does anyone here have this same situation and have it working?

Thanks

Matt Ashfield
[EMAIL PROTECTED]