All,

How does one know if the upgrade was successful. I am able to see the AP come up. But I do not see it anywhere on WCS, via MAC or hostname? Thanks.

Jorge Bodden

James Nesbitt wrote:
We are using the layer 3 environment and I did have one initial problem that's not in the upgrade notes. If you are using layer 3, your controller management is on a different subnet, and your APs are currently configured with statics addresses. Before you run the conversion code (c1200-rcvk9w8-tar.123-11JX1), you must configure the AP for dhcp. Reboot the AP, then run the upgrade code. If this is not done, when the AP reboots from the upgrade it maintains that static ip, therefore it never receives it's dhcp options 43 and 60.

James Nesbitt
Network Analyst
Duke University

Jorge Bodden wrote:
I was wondering if anyone out there has upgraded their Cisco 1200 APs to the code that is supposed to do LWAPP? I have looked at the documentation that Cisco provide. But I did not find anything about the setup. Does it work at layer 3 or layer 2? Do you still let the APs that IP address of the controllers through option 43 or is there some other mechanism? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jorge Bodden

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.