Interesting thread..

So, how to we nudge/convince clients to set up the Airport Express base station as a wireless client when being used to stream audio or act as a printserver?

My experience with the Timecapsule is that it comes out of the box in a frenzy, assumes you couldn't possible have an existing wireless network, and proceeds to set up shop as a base station.

Can all Apple products be configured to act as wireless clients on existing wireless networks? As someone else mentioned, an Apple device in wireless-client mode is not an interfering device, only an Apple device acting as an AP.

Mike

Michael Dickson                     Phone: 413-545-9639
Network Analyst                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of Massachusetts
Network Systems and Services

Chris Murphy wrote:
From the conversation I’ve been assuming people were talking about the Airport Express base station, as early on the comment was made that people were using them to stream audio, and the Express is the item in the Airport family that has that capability. While it can be used in an access point/router mode, it can also be setup as a wireless client when being used to stream audio or act as a printserver.