It is not just Apple.  Many vendors, Dell, Linksys, DLink, etc... are starting
to merge content and delivery devices with a whole host of wireless enabled
media equipment.

Here are just two links:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=A1735461

http://www.dlink.com/products/category.asp?cid=127&sec=0

In the end, it is probably just going to get worst making it increasingly
difficult for University's to deliver quality of service for the masses.
Combine this problem with the constant struggle of housing and resident life
departments to be competitive with off-campus housing puts us IT people in the
middle of the struggle with the end result being a "no win scenario" where we
are perceived as the all-controlling villain.  Especially, when you throw
issues related to security, CALEA, RIAA, etc...

If anyone out there has a solution to this dilemma, I'd love to hear it.
Unfortunately, all I can see is situation that will tend to grow like a wild
forest fire with our garden hose of educating the populous as an attempt to
keep things under control.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Michael Martin