From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:[EMAIL
PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Barber, Matt
Sent: Thursday, 20 November 2008 11:27 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Wireless coverage for bus riders

Hi Lee,

We have done very limited testing of this on our campus.  A few of the
groups we have taken on tours (the same one we gave you actually!) have
kept a laptop open and connected during the entire time.  We were
probably driving at around 15-25 MPH through the campus.  They haven't
done much more than keep a continuous ping going, but they have been
able to keep a connection during that time, missing only a few here and
there when we got really far from a building.

For casual use, I think it could work.  I am gearing up for a full Meru
Virtual Cell deployment throughout the entire campus in the near future.
When it is deployed all over campus, I will repeat the same driving test
and let you know how it looks.  That ought to be a pretty fun time
actually :)

Take care,

Matt Barber
Network Analyst / PC Support