We had a carrier install a cell repeater on campus and as far as I know it
didn't interfere with anything.  In fact it's only a few feet away from one
of my APs, and it was unaffected.

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Lee H Badman
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 12:45 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Carrier Cell Sites on Campus- Any Interference
Issues Noted?

A bit off the beaten path. Knowing that carriers are operating in licensed
frequencies, and that the WLAN and anything else beyond radio that I can
think of in use on campus does not, I'm wondering if anyone has any input
on:

-       Cases where a new or existing cell site on campus interfered with
anything- lab equipment, etc.

-       If it ever happened, how was the mitigation process, and it was
because of a carrier freq harmonic, I'd guess- not the licensed freq band
itself?

We're not experiencing anything.just curious looking forward.

-Lee

Lee H. Badman

Wireless/Network Engineer

Information Technology and Services