From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of Peter P Morrissey
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 2:37 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Restricting of wireless access in classrooms

Interesting. So if you could find a way to populate the access policy based
upon the user's schedule of classes, you could deny them access to the wireless
network during class times. The problem is that some professors encourage
Internet access during class, so you would have to have an opt in by a
professor/class preference.
You could do it by AP, but what if that AP serves multiple classrooms?
And, what if the student connects to an AP from an adjoining building?

I know of one professor who has their TA's patrol the classroom and  monitor
what the students are doing. That may actually be cheaper, and more effective
than a technical solution.

Peter M.