From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[wireless-...@listserv.educause.edu] On Behalf Of John Rodkey
[rod...@westmont.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 11:19 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Aruba vs HP vs Meraki

Reading Lee's review of Meraki, it appears that he demo'ed the system prior to
their introduction of rogue detection.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM, John Rodkey
<rod...@westmont.edu<mailto:rod...@westmont.edu>> wrote:
We moved from Aruba to Meraki within the last year.
We were able to get considerably more saturation of the campus with wireless
using Meraki than would have been possible for the same cost with Aruba.
Administration of the access points was much more intuitive with Meraki than
our experience with Aruba, and the functionality provided by the cloud-based
controller is quite extensive. Deployment is very much plug and play: the WAPs
auto-configure themselves.  We've also used the mesh capability built into the
Meraki products to extend coverage where we have power but no network
connections.
Meraki has been very responsive to us in dealing with the problems we have
encountered.  In retrospect, most of the problems were either Radius
configuration or client computer problems.  The few that weren't client/config
problems were addressed quickly and professionally.

We're happy with the results.

Stats:  we have 270 802.11N APs deployed, 2393 distinct clients.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Ethan Sommer