Heh cisco never allowed me to pull one open cuz that violates the
"warranty". I have seen the innards of a cracked AP125 though.  The
cisco aps are solidly constructed from what can be told on the
outside. And they do seem a lot less likely to suffer from physical
damage.  The point I was trying to make was that internal chipset
temperature cannot be determined by external enclosure (hot to the
touch) temperature.

Yes, I agree that all things should be considered when making
selections, but caution has to be exercised when extrapolating
hardware performance from surface examination.  Lots of devices rely
on convection cooling in harsh environments. And in most cases a hot
enclosure means the device is properly wicking heat away from the
chipset. If both the enclosure and chipset run consistantly hot the
there should be concern.

I just don't like the "this one feels hefty so it must be more
reliable" line of reasoning. I would rather see test numbers and
chipset operating temperature/etc.  I make no claims that one AP is
definitively better than the other in that regard as I don't have any
of that test info.

---
Justin Hao
j...@austin.utexas.edu