Good morning -

We do not have this problem.  We use RFC 1918 private address space, and
NAT (PAT).  Traffic is logged through our firewall, so we can account for
any nefarious activity (Ya know, DMCA.)

I'm not sure I'm trying to start a big discussion as to the pros and cons
of PAT, but I'm just suggesting that it's a solution that should not be
overlooked.

Our larger problem in this area had to do with our NAC.  Bradford licenses
their system based on number of registered users.  And the skyrocketing of
devices meant that we had to expand our license.  And this translated into
real dollars.

Time to look hard at 802.1x once again!

-
Pete Hoffswell - Network Manager