We've got two SSID's - "Rice Visitor" and "Rice Owls".  The 802.1x is,
obviously, "Rice Owls".  It allows WPA/TKIP and WPA2/AES.  There is a space
in each SSID name, and we've had no reported issues with that, nor have we
been told of any issues, including results from a WLAN survey via advanced
services.  The TKIP vs AES makes sense (higher encryption standards would
make for more CPU usage), but TKIP is 'broken', meaning that it is cracked.
It's available only for some of the legacy devices that do not seem to be
able to do WPA2/AES.

               Respectfully,

               Danny Eaton

               Snr. Network Architect

               Networking, Telecommunications, & Operations

               Rice University, IT

               Mudd Bldg, RM #205

               Jones College Associate

               Staff Advisory Committee

               Employee Activities Subcommittee Chair

               Office - 713-348-5233

               Cellular - 832-247-7496

                <mailto:dannyea...@rice.edu> dannyea...@rice.edu

               Soli Deo Gloria

               Matt 18:4-6

G.K. Chesterton, "Christianity has not been tried and found wanting.  It's
been found hard and left untried."