From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Craig Pluchinsky
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:53 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] using Microsoft Radius to authenticate user AND
computer?

We do something like this with laptops.  The machines are a member of a domain
and have a group policy set that "Authentication Mode" is User or Computer
authentication.  Then on the radius server (Microsoft IAS) we have a rule for
computers and a rule for domain users.  When the laptop is first turned on it
auth's as the computer account.  When the user logs in it re-auths as the user
account.

Craig Pluchinsky
IT Services
Indiana University of Pennsylvania