To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
From: Lee H Badman <lhbad...@syr.edu>
Sent by: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
Date: 10/10/2013 08:10AM
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] For those of you on Cisco code 7.5, supporting Bonjour, etc...

Hi  Rick-

Thanks for the response.

I guess I knew Prime wasn’t involved in Bonjour per se- I should have asked the question with more clarity. Wondering if PI was helping in any way with the management of zones, etc, as given our size we could have lots of them.

If you don’t mind sharing (could do a call if you’d rather), what is your typical “bring a Bonjour zone to life scenario”? Someone says they want to use AirPlay or AppleTV where you don’t yet have a zone, and then…? Are you seeing cases where it’s being relied on for classroom use, has a hiccup, and becomes an emergency response because instruction is disrupted? And which version of Cisco’s cookbook are you using- the one with Broadcast enabled on the WLAN or the one with Unicast?

Again, Thank you.

-Lee