Yes I've heard of Aruba's solution.  But I said Cisco has an
"opportunity" to provide a competitive advantage, as do their
competitors such as Aruba.  An opportunity to provide a competitive
advantage doesn't equal a competitive advantage.  That depends on
performance or at least perceived performance.  It would have been
more clear if I'd said "Cisco and others", but Cisco was the context
of the discussion at the time.

Aruba and others have the same opportunity as Cisco, and I assume are
just as happy at the opportunity to distinguish themselves with
features that users are asking for.  That's all I meant.

How the various vendors stack up on that on this feature I really
don't know.  It may be that it changes little competitively in the
end.  But I think more users using wireless for more things is a boon
for network vendors generally, and I'd be pretty surprised if they
actually resented Apple's not addressing the enterprise needs to have
this feature directly.  If it seems like I'm treating this as a
victimless crime, I am because I can't identify anyone actually
harmed.  I'd be very surprised if any end users would vote to wait to
use AirPlay until enterprise IT managers were satisfied with it.

There are unethical examples where this form of thing had real
victims.  I think of a few years back with the Wintel platform and
virus checkers, where it wasn't an additional feature in play but the
lack of one that was costly and dangerous for the end user.  This went
on for many years.  There were those that complained, but I think most
IT managers were entirely happy to participate in exploiting end-users
to their own benefit.