From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Dan Brisson
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:51 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Apple TV display mirroring spectrum use in HD
wifi

Yah, or the router vendors will need to do some fancy inspection to
watch for the initial TCP connection that gets made so it knows to let
the UDP connection back in. Like for FTP and the other protocols that
behave in a similar manner.

-dan

Dan Brisson
Network Engineer
University of Vermont
(Ph) 802.656.8111
dbris...@uvm.edu

On 3/12/14, 8:21 PM, Frank Bulk wrote:
> Interesting.  I wonder if Apple could address that NAT issue by sending
the
> traffic from the opposite direction, essentially punching a hole in the
NAT