Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to run a report that identifies unused
radios of using Cisco Prime 1.4.

We recently found a room with two access points where a client couldn't
connect. It turned out that even though the 2.4 radio reported as being on and
functioning, no clients could connect. One stopped working a few weeks ago, and
the other three days ago. The 5GHz radios were working fine and had clients
associated to both access points.

I ran the "Client Count" report for the affected floor from the Client Reports
section and this was ok for a small area, as it reports all the access points
in a graph format, and allowed me to select by radio type.

It got me wondering how many other radios may have a similar problem.

If I run this report for all our access points, there is no sort function, so
you have to manually look through all the graphs.

In the Device section, there is a "Top AP by Client Count" This is a handy
report, as it gives a numeric output and can be sorted, but it seems to be
total clients for the AP and there is no option to report on just specific
radio type, so I can only assume that this report only reports access points
with no associations on any radio.

Thanks,

Peter.

Peter Arbouin | Network Engineer
IT Networks | Information Technology Services
Queensland University of Technology
Level 3 | 88 Musk Avenue | Kelvin Grove Campus
Mob: 0402476892 | Ph: +61 7 3138 1030
Email: p.arbo...@qut.edu.au<mailto:p.arbo...@qut.edu.au>

CRICOS No. 00213J