From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Jerry Bucklaew
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:49 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] NAT tracking question

To ALL:

    We have a large Cisco wireless deployment with public ip address space.
Getting more public IP's is getting difficult so we are considering going to
NAT.  The issue we have with NAT is that we still want to be able to map an
outside IP back to a individual user.  Once
you go to NAT that of course becomes more difficult to do.   I know a
lot of you are probably already doing this and I was wondering how and what
products do you use?  I assume most have a one to many NAT and then use
something like a netflow collector to to track the inside NAT IP to the outside
Src-IP/DST-IP/Port/Time. Any good working solutions or products would be
helpful.