From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Joshua Wright
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:07 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Wireless Door Locks

> Seriously, though, thanks all for sharing your experience... very
helpful indeed.  I know wireless locks are going to happen here, but
perhaps I can convince planners to compromise with an 802.15-based system.

I'm not sure which 802.15 specification you are referring to, but 802.15.4
operates in 2.4 GHz or 868/915 MHz.

This particular Assa Abloy PR100 lock product uses 802.15.4 at 2.4 GHz (by
far the most prevalent frequency for 802.15.4 deployments):

http://www.sargentlock.com/products/product_overview.php?item_id=2106

802.15.4 channels are 2 MHz, and can be deployed between 802.11 channels
1/6/11 at 2.4 GHz with some success.  This is a good read on 802.11 2.4
GHz and 802.15.4 2.4 GHz coexistence.

http://www.jennic.com/download_file.php?file=JN-AN-1079+Coexistence+of+IEE
E+802.15.4+In+The+2.4GHz+Band-1v0.pdf

-Josh