We've had b disabled for several years, and when we did a complete wireless
replacement last year dropped rates below 24Mbps to get everything up to
QAM. The only definite complaints I know about are the Wii users everyone
else has mentioned. Eliminating the rates would have effectively shrunk
cell size (indirectly the point - force a roam), but given the entire
system was replaced as well we've just been addressing them as coverage
issues (which we also knew existed before the swap) so can't quantify that
impact.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Todd M. Hall <t...@msstate.edu> wrote:

> Do you have all of the 802.11b data rates disabled?  If so, how long have
> they been disabled?  Did you have many complaints when you disabled them?
> Were there any particular devices that could not connect as a result?
>
> I'm hoping this information will help us move towards disabling these old
> rates. Thank you for your feedback.
>
> --
> Todd M. Hall
> Sr. Network Analyst