From: Samuel Clements [mailto:scleme...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: 802.11b data rates disabled?

I think we've arrived at a point where most 802.11b devices are flat out
deprecated. I also believe that you're going to run into far more 802.11g
devices that don't like 1 & 2 being disabled (most notably the Nintendo Wii)
than you are people that actually expect an 802.11b device to still function.
Between that, and the significant positive impact to CU that you'll undoubtedly
get, it's a very timely conversation to be having. Unfortunately, you can't
rely on your NMS platforms reporting of 802.11b devices since many .11g clients
will stick further out than what's reasonable using CCK modulation (and showing
.11b clients). In all instances in recent memory (say, 2 years), I've had the
number of complaints by disabling .11b data rates be so low as to be background
noise. Couple the ethernet adapter for the Wii into the equation, and the
problems are practically nonexistent except in the most corner of cases.
  -Sam

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Todd M. Hall