From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Julian Y Koh
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:43 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] SSID names

> On Feb 21, 2017, at 14:36, Jim Stasik <jsta...@mc3.edu> wrote:
>
>  I am curious how others are naming and separating the SSIDs in their
> environment?

Northwestern - 802.1X authenticated/encrypted Guest-Northwestern - Public guest
access eduroam - self-explanatory Device-Northwestern - MAC registration for
devices that can’t do 802.1X authentication

--
Julian Y. Koh
Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services Northwestern

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
+1-847-467-5780
Northwestern IT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/> PGP Public Key: