From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> on behalf of Dennis Xu <d...@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 11:57 AM
To: "WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU" <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Measuring RADIUS Performance

I read somewhere that Radius transaction time for 802.1x should be under 30ms.

We use FreeRADIUS for 802.1X authentication. FreeRADIUS has tool radadmin which
can measure radius response times. We use that tool and feed the stats to MRTG.
Below are the stats from our RADIUS servers:

[cid:image001.png@01D3BC54.B36FF510]

Dennis Xu | Analyst III, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services (CCS) | University of Guelph
University Centre | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56217 | d...@uoguelph.ca
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs | twitter.com/ccsnews | facebook.com/CCSUofG
[1503076355327_PastedImage]