From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> On Behalf Of Charles Rumford
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 10:01 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Issues with Windows 10

Good morning everyone -

We here at Penn have recently come across a strange issue with Windows 10 and
our new JoinNow installation.

The run down goes like this:

  1) Connect to onboarding SSID
  2) Run JoinNow
  3) Authentication Loop on Windows 10

Doing some research into it, there are a couple of things we noticed:

  a) If we turn off server validation, the Windows 10 device connects fine.
  b) looking at a packet trace, the device just stops responding to the RADIUS
     server after the server cert has been pasted to the client.
  c) we have to re-install the wireless driver on the device to be able to get
     the device working again.
  d) Our old CloudPath installation appears to be resulting in the same thing.

We are running EAP-TTLS/EAP-PAP here.

I was curious if anyone else was seeing issues with Windows 10 devices
following the latest patching from Microsoft.

--
Charles Rumford
Senior Network Engineer