Because Macs and iPhones allow you to manually verify the certificate hash,
which is easier and equally secure to a supplicant utility, so we also
support that avenue for configuration. However, if you don't have a
public-CA-signed certificate, they display the words "Not Trusted" in red
bold letters during the certificate verification process.

--
Hunter Fuller
Network Engineer

Office of Information Technology