From: Joachim Tingvold [mailto:joac...@tingvold.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2018 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: Cisco - Field Notice - 70253 - Wireless Client Fails to Associate:
AID Error

On 23 Aug 2018, at 13:33, Osborne, Bruce W (Network Operations) wrote:
> We just moved to Aruba 8.2.x this summer and are impressed with the
> automated RF management capabilities. We can now upgrade all or part
> of our wireless network with zero downtime.

You say “zero downtime”. Aruba says “hitless”. None of those are true.

Don’t misunderstand; it’s far better than what Cisco has, but the system
disconnects the clients from the AP side of things, and hence, from a client
perspective, it’s not “hitless” or “no downtime”. They just suddenly get
disconnected, and they have to reconnect. It’s not the clients decision to move
to a new AP.

Would I like this on Cisco; absolutely. I’m not holding my breath, though.

--
Joachim