This was true of our Aerohive deployment as well.  The Windows drivers were
not compatible with 802.11ax, and SSIDs were invisible to them, and not
able to be connected to even if specified.
We were forced to revert our APs to 802.11ac mode because of the impact it
had.  The trouble is that even though the patches are available, they
aren't pushed out because they aren't security or otherwise urgent.
Bottom line is that the problem is with the user device, but naturally IT
is blamed for the failure nonetheless.  Welcome to IT!

John